Wednesday 22 September 2010

Muse Gets Best Cover Song Evar











 'Muse's cover of Nina Simone's version of 'Feeling Good' has been named the best cover song of all time.

The Devon trio beat the likes of The Beatles' version of 'Twist & Shout'and Johnny Cash's 'Hurt' to the title, after over 15,000 music fans voted online in an NME.COM poll commissioned by SEAT, whose new music show On Track With airs tonight (September 22) on Channel 4.

Conversely, Britney Spears' reworking of 'I Love Rock 'N' Roll' was voted the worst cover song of all time, ahead of Ronan Keating's 'Fairytale Of New York', Take That's version of 'Smells Like Teen Spirit' and Mark Ronson's 'No One Knows'.

The 10 best cover versions of all time are:

1. Muse - 'Feeling Good'
2. The Beatles - 'Twist & Shout'
3. Johnny Cash - 'Hurt'
4. Jimi Hendrix - 'Hey Joe'
5. Nirvana - 'Where Did You Sleep Last Night'
6. The Clash - 'I Fought The Law'
7. Jeff Buckley - 'Hallelujah'
8. Jimi Hendrix - 'All Along The Watchtower'
9. Marvin Gaye - 'I Heard It Through The Grapevine'
10. The White Stripes - 'I Just Don't Know What To Do With Myself''

-From the Nme website






33 comments:

  1. i never really liked them, AT ALL, but i am really excited for these covers ive been waiting forever

    ReplyDelete
  2. indeed a really good cover, nice article also. please keep writing, ur doing great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is a really good cover indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  4. that song is so awesome. good post man!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Whats up jim, anyways I think Muse has changed nowadays, damn Lady Gaga.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Muse are pretty good! I like Stockholm Syndrome the most tho :P

    ReplyDelete
  7. Pretty cool post dude.
    Muse is pretty cool!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am not really into this kind of music, so...

    ReplyDelete
  9. best cover song ever was James Brown doing Kiss' Rock and Roll all Night...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Muse, love their mellow stuff. Followin

    ReplyDelete
  11. Used to love Muse before their terrible recent 2 albums ;_;

    And for me It's Cash's cover that's the best

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love original, and love cover even more. Great pick.

    ReplyDelete
  13. mh never heard the cover, but the original was good as far as I can remember ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Indeed! I never new this, glad I got something from this blog

    ReplyDelete
  15. muse is one of my favorite bands ever <3 and ive seen them live! overall though, thats a great list

    ReplyDelete
  16. i like your post !!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Gotta love Muse, Absolution is one of the greatest albums ever.

    ReplyDelete
  18. i'm not realy into this kinda music but maybe itll be good

    ReplyDelete
  19. ha, awsome :D 3 of my favourite songs up there!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  20. That's crazy.. Muse is great but I've never heard that cover

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wow, I have their CD but I had not heard this cover. Its really good! thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I really really love that song, I agree (Y)

    Muse' rocks!

    ReplyDelete